We are currently looking to hire a Finance Manager.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Hendon NW4
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Functional links with: Database manager; all MDA staff; MDA accounts staff in Israel; volunteers and Board members; staff from voluntary and private sector organisations; individual donors and members of the public.
Main purpose of Job
Supervise the day to day financial affairs and financial processes. Maintain the Sage 50 accounting package which reflects income on the Raiser’s Edge system, and manage the purchase ledger and nominal ledgers. Provide accurate financial information to the Chief Executive.
Skill sets required
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Proven experience in Sage 50 up to accounts production
- Advanced user of Excel
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Highly numerate
- Review and writing skills
- Organised and methodical
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work alone or as part of team
- Multitasking and prioritising workloads
- Commitment and self-motivation
- Building trust and strong relationship at all levels
- Professionalism and strong work ethics.
- Previous not for profit experience desirable but not essential
- Assist in the development and production of monthly financial management reports for MDA’s Management.
- Work with Auditors at year end to ensure smooth and accurate production of annual financial statements.
- Administer accounts payable function and liaise with suppliers as necessary
- Post prepayment and accruals journals
- Carry out B/S reconciliations
- Monitor cashflows to ensure the organisation is able it to meet its obligations.
- Administering the ordering and payment for CAPEX purchases, maintaining up to date records of restricted funds and communicating to the Chief executive and treasurer
- Review, approve and submit payments to MDA Israel in a timely manner once approved by the Treasurers.
- Work with external accountants to ensure correct application and provision of payroll function.
- Ensure correct application of pension payments as per Auto Enrolment regulations
- Prepare MDA’s annual budget in conjunction with the Chief Executive, and liaise with MDA staff as appropriate.
- Work with database manager to ensure that all donations are correctly uploaded from Raiser’s Edge to Sage and reconciled.
- Manage the Gift Aid process and ensure that the declarations and gifts are input accurately into Raiser’s Edge and also to generate the R68 tax reclaim forms.
- Manage the storing of Gift Aid declarations and the calculation and timely submission of Gift Aid claims in conjunction with the Database Manager.
- Process and accurately maintain records for petty cash.
- Ensure appropriate credit control systems are maintained.
- Liaise between the Chief Executive and the Treasurer on all aspects of Investment dealings and the ordering of foreign currency.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Supervise a part time bookkeeper
- Report to the ChiefExecutive regularly on progress, highlighting any potential deviations from original plans
- Participate in end of project reviews to identify learning opportunities and to share best practice
- Ensure completion of statutory requirements in respect of Companies House, HMRC and Charity Commission.
- Attend board meetings as well as produce & distribute all pre-reads and write the minutes
- Maintain records of employees’ annual leave and sick leave
- Review and update employee contracts & handbook as necessary in conjunction with external employment law consultants
- Be responsible to compliance with Health and Safety regulation including maintaining adequate records and arranging the annual review
- Work as an integral member of the MDA team, supporting and assisting other members of the team and providing admin support as necessary.
- Attend all staff, team meetings and training sessions unless given prior exemption by your line manager
- Keep up to date with the Data Protection Act, and ensure adherence at all times
- Undertake training identified by self or management as appropriate.
- Always act in accordance with MDA policy relating to equality of access and opportunity so as to ensure a non-discriminatory provision of services
- Have the ability to work flexibly including out of hours working if necessary
Please send your CV to email@example.com if you wish to be considered for this role.